Across the UK people are coming together to do extraordinary things.
People are committing their time to change places and change lives, rebuilding community spirit and helping others in their local area stay safe and well. Their tireless work and commitment is the glue that helps to hold our society together.
Are you one of these people or groups?
Groundwork’s Community Awards will honour those small groups making a big difference to our quality of life.
The community charity first launched the Awards in 2017 to honour small local community groups making a big difference to everyone’s quality of life where they live but who often get little recognition and support. Since the Awards launched, over 60 groups from Dundee to Devon have won awards.
Graham Duxbury, national CEO of Groundwork, said: “We’re delighted to open this year’s Groundwork Community Awards for nominations.
“The Awards provide a great platform for celebrating the achievements of community groups and individuals across the UK who are working tirelessly to improve the physical fabric and the social and economic prospects of their areas.
“The response to the Awards last year was incredible, and we’re really looking forward to reading the inspiring nominations for 2019.”
The full list of categories are:
• Best Community Partnership with Business
• Best Community Group Contribution to Sport and Physical Activity
• Best Community Group Contribution to Community Cohesion
• Best Community Garden or Green space
• Best Community Group Contribution to Education or Employment
• Best Community Group Contribution to Environmental Sustainability
• Best Community Group Contribution to Health and Wellbeing
• Young Community Leader of the Year
• Community Leader of the Year
• Community Group of the Year – all round achievement award
• People’s Choice Award
More info and to nominate